Saturday, October 24, 2020

Second e-book on the way

About two years ago I published The Study of Sam-Il. It was fun to do a pattern that no one else had analyzed. The downside is that relatively few students know a 3rd-Dan pattern, so next I wanted to tackle some color belt forms.

I settled on starting right at the beginning. The name of the e-book will be 

Chon-Ji and Dan-Gun: Self-defense applications with notes on Heian Shodan.

What will be in the book?

Full applications with drawings for Chon-Ji and Dan-Gun. There will also be applications, but not full drawings, for the karate kata Heian Shodan/Pinan Nidan.

Beyond that, I may include an essay or two about pattern interpretation. I don't want to just repeat what was in The Study of Sam-Il, but given that this is about the first two ITF patterns some basic knowledge is warranted.

Where can I buy it

On Payhip, just like The Study of Sam-Il (which you can still purchase, by the way!)

When will it be finished?

Before the end of the year hopefully. The time-limiting factor is the drawings, but I have already finished the drawings for Chon-Ji. 

Application for the backwards stepping punch in Chon-Ji

Do these applications differ from Stuart Anslow's/ITF Radix/Anyone else's interpretation?

Yes, they are mostly unique; I do not believe I am just repeating someone else's material. The applications are organized in a systematic way so that you can see the logical structure of the two patterns.

While The Study of Sam-Il is for advanced Taekwondoin, this e-book will be a suitable introduction to pattern applications for students of any rank.


No comments:

Post a Comment